Langsung ke konten utama

Teaching Practice


It is my turn to stand in front of the student and start to teach! Of course, I felt nervous but when I saw the student’s eyes and they greeted me warmly, I told myself, “I can do it”. I’m still kept encouraging myself that I can teach this week. Last week, I've substances by my mentor during the class. So, I’m ready teaching based my own lesson plan and some of the improvisation.
Procedures of Teaching
The method that I used is a conventional method. I used Power Point and videos as media during teaching process. Then, worksheets are needed just to testify do they understand about the materials or not. They are smart students even though they don’t know they tried to keep do on their assignments. They tried to finish all of the assignments that already gave to them.
For the first time I came to the classroom, the students greeted warmly. I let them sit down and ask about their feelings today. To keep their concentration, I told them if I said hello they should say Hi and if I said goodnight everyone should hissing and silent, Next, For the motivation, I asked them about some kinds of phenomenon that related to the materials and showed them a picture/videos that will make the students curious about it. After that, I gave the students some explanation about the materials. I delivered the main topic and asked them if there’s any question, if there’s no question I gave them an assignment to get a plus point.
Time management and organizing activities (included My schedule of Teaching)


For the first session which are apperception and motivation around 5 minutes and learning proper 10 minutes, worksheet for 15 minutes then the rest of the time to ask the feedback to the students. Sometimes, I have to be flexible. I also added a game and ice breaking. As a teacher, time management is important to achieve learning objectives, make the student comfortable and get new knowledge from our lesson. I tried to keep talking while they do on their assignment and asked if there is a problem with the assignment. I delivered the material briefly with a simple vocabulary, just to make sure that they understand. A conventional method is not enough to make the student understand the topic. So, I let the students worked in a group to solve the problems or fill the worksheet but still keep quiet. I walked around to checked their progress, and approached the student then ask if they have a problem, guide them and let them find their own answer, then gave them the appreciation that they’re did a great job

   Problem Solving


Sometimes, the lesson plan didn’t work well. It is our job as a teacher to find out how to solve this problem when it comes suddenly or prepared for a lesson plan A and lesson plan B. Someday, you will have an experience like me when there’s an expert class (the class that I give a tick on a schedule) and a noisy class. I can deliver learning proper less than 5 minutes in the expert class. All the objectives of learning are done at that time. Sometimes, there still left more minutes and it because all of them paying attention. Most of all participated and concentration while learning. So, I’ll let them to work on their homework for another subject
Misbehavior is one of the causes a noisy in classroom and that is one of the problems that should be solved. Talking with their friends, playing and do another work in the classroom, do not listen to the teacher’s instruction are misbehavior that I’ve seen in the classroom. I understand that maybe they’re tired and hungry. Sometimes, I let them eat if they’re hungry, but keep quiet. They can do that to me but don’t do that to another teacher.


To be honest, for the first time I taught in the classroom, I got lack of vocabulary. I’m nervous at all but I tried to solve it by myself. The difference language is not a big problem but you actually will get some of culture shock. Sometimes, there’s a misconception between us. For instance, I said to collect the book to the left, they’re stand up and give them to their friend. When I said “what is the difference between picture A and picture B?” they answer “A” and some of them said “B” loudly. Then when I explained how to fill the worksheet slowly, one of them will come and ask me again, then, she told their friend in their language. I solved the problems by gesture and body language, gave them a picture and less talked about the topic, repeat the words or statement and ask them in their own language.

Classroom Management


To make the learning process effective and efficient, achieve all of the learning objectives, all the teachers should have classroom management skill. There might be something happen suddenly, meet students that are uncontrollable, slow learner and fast learners. We should find a quick solution to manage all of it and achieve learning objectives. Here are the TIPS how to manage your classroom based on my experiences;
1.    Get prepared! Before going to a class, make sure all of the materials is ready to use. Don’t stick too much on your lesson plan. It is one of guidelines for you to improve your teaching skill in your classroom. Sometimes, something unexpected might happen during the learning process.
2.    Set classroom rules, before teaching started, you can make a deal anything with your student, for example, you and your student are deal that we can drink but cannot eat in the classroom. students who keep talking and can’t answer the teacher question will get a minus point, etc
3.    Keep your attention to the student. We want a student to keep their attention to us. You should keep your attention to them first. You can walk around and interact with a student, make them friendly to us, give an appreciation by giving something to them besides a plus point.

As a teacher, is not about deliver material to the students and the students will be evaluated then get a score but also make them learn a moral value and become a better person in a future.
Overall Impression in Teaching

Teaching English is not too difficult for me. I’m a confident person and try to be the positive person, but this is the goals, this is the point, I should learn the way to teach English by using 100% English in foreign class. I try to deliver English through a fun way and interesting. Using media, technology and solve the problem that comes suddenly in the classroom. After teaching experience, I learn to think quickly to solve the problem, get a master in time management and handle misbehavior. Keep learn on it!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

School: General Information & Academic Administration

1. School Profie Chiang Rai Municipality School 6 (Nakorn Chiang Rai) or Tessaban 6 is my receiving school. It located at Amphoe Mueang Chiang Rai, No. 421 Moo 6, Rim Kok Subdistrict Chang Wat Chiang Rai 57100, Thailand. Tessaban 6 is one of school that near with airport and Chiang Rai Rajabhat University. This school has grade Lower Secondary School (SMP in Indonesia) which are M1-M3 (Matthayomsuksa 1-3 or grade 7-9) and Upper Secondary School (SMA in Indonesia) which are M4-M6 (grade 10- grade12). The building of the school is facing each other and a bridge as a connector of a school. The vision of Chiang Rai Municipality School 6 (CRMS6) is the leading school in the country. Strive to develop the students to be leaders, virtues, discipline, and academic excellence. And the mission of CRMS6 is to encourage and improve the quality learners, participatory management, promote and develop teacher quality, have loyalty to the monarchy, promote and develop education quality.

Teaching Plan

Before we start to teach, as a student teacher, we should construct a lesson plan to make us well-organized and we know what we are going to do in the classroom. My teacher gave me a chance to teach second level which are 6 classes. The topic that I taught in M2 is about Phenomenon. The teacher gave me a specific topic for this level. It was little bit easy to construct a lesson plan. My teacher told me that i can construct the lesson plan by myself but still in a right direction not out of content. After read and understanding the Curriculum, I construct a lesson plan based on the curriculum and the textbook of Maximize 2. The differences between a lesson plan in Thai and in Indonesia are; 1.       The lesson plan is not complicated and difficult as in Indonesia. 2.       The lesson plan is simple and only 2-3 pages. 3.       The lesson plan created daily and per meeting not per topic. TIPS a.        Before you create a lesson plan, make sure you read indi

Pedagogical Contents

1. Teaching methods Teaching methods used by the teacher depending on the teacher themselves what methods that want to use. In English learning, the teacher uses a simple method in every meeting. Commonly, the teacher used expository, cooperative learning, and interactive learning. I love the way how he taught in the classroom. He delivers an English topic in a fun way and gets attention to all of the students. He used hang-man game as a way to make students to not to be boring in the way of learn. English subject has only one period per meeting. At the beginning of the lesson, the teacher will give motivation to students by doing a asking the students about previous learning. After the motivation, he will ask the students to do a worksheet and read aloud in the classroom. Then give the students score for task that have been done. When I did the observation, we are just focused on the way of listening and speaking. His voice is loud and clear. Sometimes, he added games a